|A Troubled Engine|
|Season Barry the Rescue Engine, Episode four|
|Air date||Friday 26th April 2013|
|Back on Track||A Stranger in Need|
A Troubled Engine is the last story of Barry the Rescue Engine in its mini-series. It is released as the fifty-second episode overall.
Alice and Diesel talked about Barry. Diesel said he was frightened by the sight of a scrapper's torch, and mistook a welder for one. James calmed him down and Diesel finished his conversation before Alice drove off with her express train. At Knapford Harbor, James and Barry greeted each other since James returned from Crovan's Gate for his injector after previously failed with an express train. The Troublesome Trucks heard about this and called James "Rusty Red Scrap Iron" before Barry got angry and pushed them into the sea below. This was an accident, but with the teasing likely to be the cause, Diesel brought the Breakdown Train to the docks and fished out the taunting trucks. A conflict began between Diesel and Barry over the scrap heap with both brothers killed at the same time - Barry's 1965 and Diesel in 1981.
At Knapford, Charles Topham Hatt was speaking to his son and Mike Western, an official working with them about Barry. The conversation ended when they thought Barry should work with Alice to settle this on her passenger train. The train went from Knapford all the way to Barrow-in-Furness where Barry felt better and during the trip, both Alice and Barry talked about their experiences. After the talk at the terminus for British Railways, Barry helped the engines on the North West Railway doing freight and passenger services around it. At Tidmouth Sheds, he thanked the engines and the controllers before leaving for his heritage railway in Great Britain.
- Troublesome Trucks
- Charles Topham Hatt
- Stephen Topham Hatt
- Mike Western
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Daisy (does not speak)
- Other Railway Diesels (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Bill or Ben (cameo)
- Bear (cameo)
- Steve (cameo)
- Black and white stock footage from The Lucky Ones (techicolor) and Galloping Sausage is used.
- This marks Diesel's last speaking role in Sodor: The Early Years.
- This is the last time Barry has a male driver.
- This is the last time that WildNorWester voices all of the male characters. It is also the last appearance of Daisy's 2006 Trainz model.
- Two ships at the docks have the names Izzy and Gomez; this is a reference to the TUGS character Izzy Gomez.
- ANB as Alice
- WildNorWester as Narrator, Sir Charles Topham Hatt, Sir Stephen Topham Hatt, Mike Western, James, Barry, Diesel and Troublesome Trucks