|Season One, Episode One|
|Air date||Saturday, 5th February, 2011|
Desperate Measures is the first episode of Season 1.
One morning at Tidmouth Sheds, The Fat Controller tells Gordon that the express is a bit heavier than usual. Gordon collects the train and moves off. Meanwhile, Percy and James argue about Percy's efficiency.
At Tidmouth, Gordon feels a pain in his boiler and it begins to get worse and he cannot pull the train anymore due to collapsed boiler tubes. James arrives to take over, but the train is too heavy so Percy has to help out. They arrive at Elsbridge where Henry is waiting for them. Gordon is sent to Crewe to be mended.
- Railway Series references include; Triple Header.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Donald and The Fat Controller.
- In some shots even in the intro too, Junction switches can be seen.
- Henry is in his old shape at Elsbridge.
- When Henry is waiting at Elsbridge, he is on the branchline track instead.