|Season One, Episode Two|
|Air date||Saturday 12th February, 2011|
Limits is the second episode of Season 1.
With Gordon at Crewe for his boiler repair, a class 40 diesel named Patrick is sent to help out. The Fat Controller appoints Henry to take the express, and early next morning, Duck shows Patrick his jobs. He tries to take his train as well as Donald and Douglas', and this leads to Patrick stalling on Gordon's Hill.
The twins arrive to help, but Donald's front buffer beam is smashed by the brake van. Henry raises the alarm and Duck brings the breakdown train to sort out the mess. That evening, the Fat Controller tells Patrick he needs to know his limits and arranges for another engine to help with the work. To the engines' dismay, the engine sent is Diesel.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- James (does not speak)
- Troublesome Trucks (do not speak)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- Edward does not appear in the intro or the closing scene in both this episode and Desperate Measures.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Duck, Douglas, Diesel and Patrick.
- Henry is in his old shape.
- During the scene where Patrick and James are on the viaduct, the edge of the set can be seen.
- Patrick was traveling on The Main Line when pulling his train but he passed The Watermill during his journey which is on Thomas' Branch Line.
- Trainz junction arrows can be seen.