|Season Two, Episode One|
|Air date||Saturday 28th May, 2011|
Little Engines is the first episode of Season 2, and the thirteenth episode overall.
Bill and Ben arrive at the docks one morning, to find all of the trucks already organised. The twins become annoyed when they find out it's Diesel, who has come to work with them for a "special project". He won't tell them what it's about, however, and just calls them Little Engines. Bill asks Edward about the project, to which he doesn't know much about.
One day, Diesel is pulling the last train of supplies for the project up the line and he hits some un-ballasted track. He derails just before the bridge on Edward's Branch Line and Bill and Ben come to help. They take his train up the Little Western and behind Duck and Oliver's shed. They soon arrive at Arlesburgh, only to find they aren't so small anymore.
- Bill and Ben
- BoCo (does not speak)
- Bert (does not speak)
- Mike (not named, does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Donald and Douglas (cameo)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Railway Series references include; The Diseasel.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Rex, Mike and Bert.
- Sunlight appears on Bill's face when he and Ben pass the engine shed.
- The narrator mentions four trucks of ballast are under the chute, but there are five trucks.
- The end credits start before the credits screen is shown.