|Season Two, Episode One|
|Air date||Friday 27th May 2011|
Little Engines is the first episode of Season 2, and the thirteenth episode overall.
Bill and Ben become annoyed when Diesel comes to work with them for a "special project". He won't tell them what it's about, however, and just calls them Little Engines. But one day, Diesel is pulling the last train of supplies for the project up the line and he hits some un-ballasted track. He derails just before the bridge and Bill and Ben come to help. They take his train up the Little Western and behind Duck and Oliver's shed. They soon arrive at Arlesburgh, where they find that they aren't the smallest engines on Sodor.
- Bill and Ben
- BoCo (does not speak)
- Bert (does not speak)
- Mike (not named, does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Donald and Douglas (cameo)
- Henry (mentioned)
- The railway series story "The Diseasel" is referenced.
- This is the first appearance of the Arlesdale Railway.
- Sunlight appears on Bill's face when he and Ben pass the engine shed.
- The narrator mentions four trucks of ballast are under the chute, but there are five trucks.