|Little Western Legacy|
|Season Five, Episode Two|
|Air date||Saturday 10th August 2013|
|A Stranger in Need||Expectations|
Little Western Legacy is the second episode of Season 5, and the fifty-fourth episode overall.
Thomas tells Duck about the time that he had a branch line all to himself, but The Fat Director, in a flashback said to him how to run the branch line as the difference to being a station pilot. Lily was to help him how to run the branch line, but he ran out of water after forgetting to fill up previously. Winston had to help him with this by halving his water into Thomas who was also pulling Annie and Clarabel, his two coaches. Out at sea, he saved a fisherman at the coast and upon arriving at Tidmouth, Annie and Clarabel plucked up courage by telling Henry that Thomas had saved the fisherman out at sea.
Unfortunately, Colin, Adam and Roger were taken by Winston with their friends to be scrapped near the end of the story. After Thomas leaves to collect his next train, Duck was thinking what happened to Lily when it comes to Sodor: The Modern Years picking up in 2009, fifteen years after the final episode of Sodor: The Early Years was finished from there.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt I
- Edward (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Donald or Douglas (cameo)
- Alice (cameo)
- Colin (cameo)
- Adam (cameo)
- Clive (cameo)
- Brian (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- James (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Toby (mentioned)
- Neil (mentioned)
- Trevor (mentioned)
- Railway Series references include Thomas and the Breakdown Train, Thomas' Train, Thomas and Gordon and Saved from Scrap.
- When this episode was released, WildNorWester requested that there be no talk of possible romance between Thomas and Lily.
- At the beginning of their conversation, Thomas and Duck made references to the episode, A Stranger in Need.
- This is the only episode to feature the end credits that include all of the engines from the NWR at Knapford Sheds.
- SmudgersPKMN, TheScotsmanReturns and DTChapman1 join the voice cast.
- This episode marks Annie and Clarabel's first speaking roles.
- WildNorWester as Narrator, Sir Topham Hatt I, Duck, and Roger
- ANB as Lily and Annie and Clarabel
- Joe Gibbons as Thomas
- SmudgersPKMN as Winston
- TheScotsmanReturns as Henry
- DTChapman1 as Duke