|Season Three, Episode Nine|
|Air date||Saturday 3rd March, 2012|
Rescue Mission is the ninth episode of Season 3, and the twenty-seventh episode overall.
The Fat Controller is talking with Percy about Daisy's laziness, and her encounter with a bull the previous day. Suddenly, The Fat Controller's car telephone rings, much to Percy's surprise. The caller, Charles West, explains the situation about Alice to The Fat Controller, who asks to meet him at Knapford. At the station, Gordon is told to take the express to London once more, on a rescue mission.
At Crovan's Gate, Gordon speaks to Skarloey about the issue, when the stationmaster gives Gordon's driver a shoebox. Meanwhile in London, Adam, the Vice-President of the GNR Preservation Society, tells Alice that he and Dave have had contact with The Fat Controller, who has agreed to give her a new home, and that the last of the Preservation's money has been used to buy her coal.
Gordon arrives in London, finding Patrick at the station. He tells Gordon the directions to Alice's shed, and when he arrives Gordon's driver presents the shoebox to the rest of the volunteers, which contains lifetime passes to travel on the North West Railway. At Crovan's Gate, The Fat Controller meets Alice and sends her to the works.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- Charles West
- Dave Matthews
- Henry (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Daisy (mentioned)
- Railway Series references include; Bulls Eyes.
- This episode is the last time we see Dave Matthews, Adam and the volunteers of Alice.
- "She'll Be Comin' Around The Mountain" is played when Alice and Gordon go from London to Crovan's Gate.
- As Gordon arrives at Crovan's Gate, purple smoke can be seen.
- At Knapford, the narrator says "minute" as opposed to "minutes".
- WildNorWester as Narrator, The Fat Controller, Skarloey, Gordon, Patrick, Percy, Charles West, Dave Matthews and Adam
- ANB as Alice