|Season One, Episode Five|
|Air date||Friday 4th March, 2011|
|The Missing Coach||New Beginnings|
Running Solo is the fifth episode of Season 1.
Skarloey and Rheneas have to run the Skarloey Railway on their own, and struggle with the work. Then, things become worse when Skarloey has an accident with a lorry, leaving Rheneas to run the whole railway on his own. Meanwhile, the Mid Sodor Railway is struggling financially, and its closure is imminent. Gordon hears about Rheneas, and comes up with a solution.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- Mr. Ivo Hugh
- Skarloey (does not speak)
- Sir Handel (does not speak)
- Peter Sam (does not speak)
- Duke (does not speak)
- Slate Trucks (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- James (mentioned)
- Duck (mentioned)
- This is the first appearance of the narrow gauge engines.
- The episode references Henry and the Elephant.
- Smudger appears in the end credits, but he is not in any of the episodes.