|Season Three, Episode One|
|Air date||Friday 6th January 2012|
|Galloping Sausage||Football Special|
Search Engines is the first episode of Season 3, and the nineteenth episode overall.
One drizzly Sunday morning, Edward was outside the vicarage to meet Trevor there. He was sad about a woman who is missing since yesterday and after hearing BoCo's horn, the blue tender engine moved off to a signal box to get the signalman in calling Sir Charles Topham Hatt and The Policeman to Wellsworth freight yard. At that location, The Fat Controller introduced Edward to the police constable and he has now ordered all of the engines to search for the missing woman until further notice. The search had failed at first hand, but Thomas later took the police constable to some bush land where they find the missing woman's car which was part of the evidence and the police constable conducted a search party, but it was getting darker so the search party was unable to come in finding the woman.
At Brendam, Diesel met Edward at the station talking to him about the woman which the blue tender engine didn't get to meet. Bill the China Clay twin talked to the Class 08 locomotive which Edward later said his words to him. The Fat Controller told Edward that Thomas has found the woman's car, but the search party would have to be disbanded until next morning because it is nearly night time. Edward later chuffed off with his passenger train. Behind Sir Charles Topham Hatt's back, Diesel had left with four China Clay trucks passing Gordon before going onto the viaduct. There, he told his driver to stop when he heard voices from down below and it turned out to be from the woman who went missing.
The woman said to Diesel about her reason of going missing before Harold picked her up and at Tidmouth, a ceremony was being held at the station platform giving Diesel as a job well done. The Chesterton family said their daughter is all right and in hospital until she can come home but with the ceremonial encounter finished, both Thomas and Diesel set off.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- Emma Chesterton
- Ian Chesterton
- Barbara Chesterton
- The Policeman
- Henry (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Percy (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Duck (does not speak)
- Donald (does not speak)
- Sean (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Skarloey (does not speak)
- Culdee (does not speak)
- Catherine (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Douglas (cameo)
- Oliver (cameo)
- Isabel and Dulcie (cameo)
- Bert (cameo)
- BoCo (mentioned)
- This is the first appearance of Culdee, Isabel and Dulcie, Catherine and Sean in this episode.
- A Doctor Who reference is made by The Fat Controller.
- In addition, the characters Ian and Barbara Chesterton are named after the Doctor's first companions.
- The narration has some audio issues.
- Some of the end credits from start to finish have been cut off due to the screen's widening.
- ANB as Emma and Barbara Chesterton
- WildNorWester as Narrator, Ian Chesterton, The Policeman, Trevor, Thomas, Diesel, Edward, The Fat Controller, Harold and Bill