|Sir Charles Topham Hatt|
|Position||Controller of the North West Railway|
Born in 1914
|Arrived on Sodor||1954|
|Status||Died in 1997|
|Relatives|| Sir Topham Hatt I (father; deceased)|
Sir Stephen Topham Hatt (son)
Bridget Hatt (daughter)
Richard Topham Hatt (grandson)
Charles Nicholas Hatt (grandson)
Emily Helen Hatt (granddaughter)
|Height||5 ft 7 in, 1.7 m|
|Weight||450lbs at time of death (204 kg)|
Sir Charles Topham Hatt II was the controller of the NWR from 1954 to 1984, when he retired and was succeeded by Sir Stephen Topham Hatt.
He received his baronetcy in 1956 after Sir Topham Hatt I died at the age of seventy-six. He retired the NWR in 1984. WildNorWester voices the former fat controller in Sodor: The Early Years. He is the grandfather of Emily Helen Hatt, Charles Nicholas Hatt , and Richard Topham Hatt.
When Charles Topham Hatt was nine years old in 1923 when Sir Topham Hatt I came with him to see the current NWR engines at the time: Thomas, Winston, Alfred, Edward and Henry. Sir Charles saw the new engine: Gordon, who was designed as an A0 Pacific by Sir Nigel Gresley in 1920. After his father retired, Sir Charles became the next fat controller of the North West Railway in 1954 aged forty years old. He got his baronetcy in 1956 aged forty-two and that year his father died aged just seventy-six years old. He appears in seasons one to three as controller before returning to Season 4 plus being in a Barry the Rescue Engine mini-series and Season 5 in one episode. From Season 4 onwards, he is father to his successor, Stephen Topham Hatt, and from Winds of Change onwards, he is grandfather to his own son's successor: Emily Helen Hatt. As of 1984, Sir Charles Hatt is retired. Hatt died in 1997 at the age of eighty-three.
- Season 1 - Desperate Measures, Limits, Tolerance, The Missing Coach, Running Solo, New Beginnings, Great Western, Little Western, Night Run, Identity and Snowstorm
- Season 2 - Old Tricks and Galloping Sausage (stock footage)
- Season 3 - Search Engines, Football Special (mentioned), Bluebells & Batsmen, Storm Report (mentioned), Useful Engines, First Impressions, Comfort Zone, Gordon's Promise, Rescue Mission, On the Run (mentioned), Escape, Changes, Bad Water, Suspicions, Bygones, Henry Sees Red and Christmas Delivery
- Season 4 - Decisions (mentioned), Douglas the Brave (mentioned), Cold Wheels and Snowed In
- Barry the Rescue Engine - The Lucky Ones, Testing Times, Back on Track and A Troubled Engine
- Season 5 - Expectations
- Season 1 STMY - The Missing Engine (not named, mentioned)
- Season 2 STMY - The Thin Clergyman and Unwanted