|Position||1st Skarloey railway Engine|
|Age|| 153-154 (as of 2018)
Built in 1864
|Arrived on Sodor||1865|
Skarloey crashes into a lorry at the harbor in episode five, Running Solo. Rheneas rescued him afterwards and he is sent to Crovan's Gate for repairs. Rheneas later told Gordon about Skarloey's accident and that he had to work by himself.
Skarloey later breaks down just a week before The Duke of Sodor came to visit the engines. His breakdown is the last thing that the Skarloey Railway needed the most. Skarloey was soon repaired in a few days and he carried The Duke of Sodor on a tour of the entire railway.
Skarloey talked to the other engines about Rusty's downpour and later, blasted at Duncan for his attitude towards Rusty if he had a good explanation in 1994. In 2009, fifteen years later, he told Peter Sam about American comedian George Carlin to whom both the engines and some workmen were watching on their TV before Rheneas told them to stop. Skarloey later said about Duncan's livery of bright yellow.
Skarloey is based off his twin Talyllyn, engine 1 on the Talyllyn Railway.
- Season 1 - Running Solo (does not speak) and New Beginnings (cameo)
- Season 2 - Diesels and Dukes and Galloping Sausage (cameo)
- Season 3 - Search Engines (does not speak), Rescue Mission and Escape (cameo)
- Season 4 - Medivac (mentioned)
- Barry the Rescue Engine - Testing Times (cameo)
- Season 5 - One of a Kind
- Season 1 STMY - Ode to George Carlin and The Missing Engine (does not speak)
- Season 2 STMY - Arrogance, Engines of All Trades (cameo), Confidence
- Winds of Change (cameo)
- WildNorWester (STEY: Season 1 - 3)
- TheScotsmanReturns (STEY: Season 5 - STMY: Season 2 Part 1)
- Geebmachine (STMY: Season 2 Part 2 onwards)