|Taking Care of Christmas|
|Season One STMY, Episode Sixteen|
|Air date||Saturday the 10th of January, 2015|
|Cold Reception||Swan Song|
Taking Care of Christmas is the sixteenth and final episode of Season 1 STMY. It is the eightieth episode overall.
When Patrick derails at the entrance of The Container Yard, Iris wonders what all of the Christmas fuss is about, as the yard isn't running as efficiently as it can be. Sheffield tries to explain to her why people celebrate it, but she finds out for herself when she helps Patrick back to the sheds, and helps Sheffield shunt coaches for the Yuletide Express that night.
- Emily Helen Hatt
- Maxwell (does not speak)
- Hugh (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Donald or Douglas (cameo)
- Lily (cameo)
- Rowan (cameo)
- BoCo (cameo)
- This was the last time a season of the series ends with a Christmas-themed episode.
- This is the last episode to use a 'standardised' title sequence. From 'Swan Song' onward, all episodes have custom title sequences made up of shots from that episode.
- Excluding specials, this is the first episode to air in January since Storm Report.
- TobyandMavisforever had to once again rerecord one of her lines, which is why one of them sounds different, but this time the recording was due to her misreading the script.
- When Sheffield arrives at the platform delivering Santa Claus in his sleigh, Thomas' whistle sounds out.
- Iris can't go back and forth from the yards since Patrick had derailed at the entrance.
- In the close-up of Iris at Knapford Yards, Peter is seen reversing under the bridge. In the second close-up of Iris, Peter can be seen reversing again underneath the bridge.
- WildNorWester as The Narrator and Diesel
- TobyandMavisforever as Iris
- NWR1991 as Sheffield
- David Moyle as Peter
- Eugene Yu as Patrick
- ANB as Alice and Emily Helen Hatt